Get the right card, right away.
Popular designs to jumpstart your branding
Make a great first impression with a personalised name card design.
Getting customers starts with getting noticed, and your name card is your chance to tell potential clients who you are, and what you represent. Whether you hand them out at events, include them in product orders or keep a stack on your front desk, make sure yours stand out. Creating your name cards online with VistaPrint is simple, and you can design name cards for any industry using our gallery of templates or upload your own image to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
At VistaPrint, you can choose from a variety of paper stocks to create your name cards. We currently have the following options -
- Standard: Our most traditional card is 350 gsm and offered in a crisp matte finish. Our standard cards are a classic choice for most businesses, but you’ll still have the option to upgrade to unique touches like rounded corners.
- Premium: Premium cards feature thicker paper stocks (up to 400 gsm) and a variety of eye-catching textures and finishes, like pearl, cotton or soft touch. These cards are made to stand out.
- Specialty: Our Specialty range is perfect for unique projects and businesses. This is where you’ll find products like name card stickers and magnets and special stocks like plastic and cotton.
A simple and effective name card is that combination of paper stock, shape and finish that captures the essence of your business just right. We have a huge assortment of simple name card templates – by industry, colours, corner styles and more – to help you make that choice. In our design studio, you can customise your chosen template with text, image, QR code and a lot more. Or, if you have a ready design, use our easy design upload option and edit away. Here are some name card design rules to make the design process a breezy one. The size of the name card is also instrumental in creating the right impression on your customers. Go through our name card guide to make an informed choice.
Name card thickness is usually measured in “grammes per square metre” abbreviated as “gsm” The higher the number, the thicker the card. Standard name card thickness is 360 gsm, but weights can vary by paper type.
Here's a quick rundown of standard name card sizes:
- Name card size in mm: 91 x 55 mm
- Name card size in Photoshop: 1050 x 600 pixels
We also offer square or rounded corner cards, which are a little different than typical name card sizes. Also, when you’re designing or choosing a template, remember that name card dimensions may include a “bleed area”, which is extra space for images, patterns or design elements that extend beyond the cut edges – this helps prevent having white edges around your finished card.
If the information is still mostly correct, you can keep them as backups by crossing out the out-of-date info and writing in new text. If the cards are mostly inaccurate, we’d recommend recycling them.
We’d recommend using one of our name card holders, available in an assortment of different materials and styles.
Traditionally, name cards have a horizontal layout, but if you’re going for a different, modern feel, we have a lot of templates for vertical name cards too. As far as specific design layouts are concerned, we have thousands you can quickly sort and browse by industry, shape, style and more.