Magnetic Car Sign Terms and Conditions
These Magnetic Car Sign Terms and Conditions ("Magnet Terms") establish the proper use and maintenance of the Magnetic Car Sign product (the “Magnet”).
The VistaPrint General Terms and Conditions and its capitalised terms are incorporated by reference into and made a part of the below Magnet Terms. Where there is a difference between the General Terms and Conditions and these Magnet Terms, the Magnet Terms shall take precedence.
By purchasing the Magnet, you agree to be bound by our General Terms and Conditions and more specifically by these Magnet Terms. Please read both the Magnet Terms below as well as our General Terms and Conditions, carefully. If you have any questions about the Magnet, please call our customer service department on 1800 407 5624.
- Before affixing the Magnet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured or hardened. Approximate curing times are: paint - 90 days, clear coat - 60 days, wax - 2 days.
- Prior to application, clean the metallic surface and the Magnet with a mild detergent. Wipe with a soft cloth and allow to dry. Follow the recommendations on the detergent and those of the car manufacturer.
- The Magnet should be at room temperature when applying.
- Take care when handling the Magnet in extremely cold conditions, as it can become brittle.
- Determine the location to place the Magnet
- Ensure surface is metallic and smooth, flat or only slightly curved.
- Don’t apply the Magnet on an area that isn’t steel or metal or that has extensive non-metallic fillers. Aluminum, wood or fiberglass will not function as a surface.
- Affix the Magnet onto the surface.
- Make sure the entire Magnet is flat against the metal surface. Do not place over protrusions (moulding, decals, pin striping, etc.) or concave areas.
- Ensure there are no air pockets or moisture between the Magnet and the vehicle surface and that corners and edges are smooth and flush with the surface.
- Curvature on the edges of the Magnet may result in the Magnet falling off.
- To adjust the location of the Magnet after placement, remove completely and reposition by lifting from the sides to remove; do not remove from the corners. Please note that sliding the Magnet into position may cause stretching and/or scratching.
* FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE FOREGOING INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE MAGNET ITSELF AND TO THE SURFACE ON WHICH THE MAGNET IS AFFIXED, AND MAY ALSO INCREASE THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THE MAGNET WILL NOT ADHERE PROPERLY AND MAY FALL OFF DURING USE. NEITHER VISTAPRINT B.V. NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR OTHER AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR OTHER DAMAGES TO THE MAGNET, THE SURFACE TO WHICH IT IS AFFIXED, OR ANY OTHER PROPERTY OR PERSON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, CAUSED BY ANY ABUSE OR MISUSE OF THE MAGNET OR OTHER FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
Failure to review and abide by these warnings could result in damage to the Magnet or your vehicle and could increase the likelihood that the Magnet will not adhere properly and may fall off during use.
- Never use a Magnet if it contains any bubbles, wrinkles, bent corners and/or edges or is otherwise damaged.
- Never exceed the speed limit or any recommended maximum speed.
- Don’t place the Magnet over protrusions, fixtures or concave areas, such as: moulding, lights, reflectors, decals, pin stripes, air intakes, wells and spoilers.
- Never apply the Magnet to horizontal metal surfaces (such as car roofs) and take care not to place it in direct or constant sunlight or extreme heat.
- Don’t layer one Magnet on top of another when applied to vehicles.
- Long-term outdoor usage of magnets on painted surfaces may result in fading, due to shielding the underlying color from ultraviolet rays.
- The Magnet is not for use under water or on aircraft.
- Make sure to remove the Magnet from any vehicle before a car wash.